Templates can be imported or exported from Supplyit from the supplier location. The import column specification displays once the import link for the object type has been selected. You can import or export inventories, order templates, orders, product pricing, products, surveys and wastes. You can also export Contacts, Locations and Timesheets. For required fields, you can set a column's value in the specification by changing the field name to the right of the equal sign to the text that you want it to be.
Allows an existing template to quickly be added to a new supplier location for stores that transfer accounts/suppliers.
Exporting or Importing Data
Navigation - must be in the Supplier location for imports and exports.
Location Console=>Exchange=>Import Templates/Export Template.
- Current Supplier - Export Contact's template
- Select Contact
Import Template (default import) The default template specification requires certain headers be in the import file or in the column specification with set values. Accounts belonging to an enterprise have a default column specification that is different from the standard column specification. The specification can be changed to the standard format by toggling the option. Please be aware of this when importing and exporting templates.
Default Import Template Behavior:.
- Required Fields - Bold fields need to be updated with new supplier's data.
OrderTemplateID=OrderTemplateID (if a template exist for the location in the new supplier. If not change to "") OrderViewType=OrderViewType LocationName="New Supplier Name" LocationCode="Supplier's Code" ContactName="as listed in new account" ContactCode="as listed in new account" ShiftName="as listed in new account" GenerationLeadTime=GenerationLeadTime ProductName=ProductName ProductCode=ProductCode CatalogName=CatalogName CategoryName=CategoryName DepartmentName=DepartmentName SundayQuantity=SundayQuantity MondayQuantity=MondayQuantity TuesdayQuantity=TuesdayQuantity WednesdayQuantity=WednesdayQuantity ThursdayQuantity=ThursdayQuantity FridayQuantity=FridayQuantity SaturdayQuantity=SaturdayQuantity StartDate=StartDate EndDate=EndDate CalculatorStrategy=CalculatorStrategy WasteMinimum=WasteMinimum WasteFactor=WasteFactor SundaySpan=SundaySpan MondaySpan=MondaySpan TuesdaySpan=TuesdaySpan WednesdaySpan=WednesdaySpan ThursdaySpan=ThursdaySpan FridaySpan=FridaySpan SaturdaySpan=SaturdaySpan
Tips & Tricks
- Remember to save in the CSV format.
- The order import may fail if there is no data in fields that require a value.
- Order Templates can be exported and changed in Excel then reimported. Excel allows users to quickly edit all items across many days and may save time.
- Currently the system will not skip products that are not part of the new supplier's catalog causing the import to fail. To correct this review the message at the bottom of the page and remove the products listed from the csv file.
- Confirm that the new template exist under Templates tab in the Supplier locations and the lead time matches what is currently being used.