Data can be imported or exported from Supplyit from any location console. Required fields can set a column's value in the specification by changing the field name to the right of the equal sign to the text that you want it to be. Exported data can be used with external programs. This allows users to reduce steps in processes. Column specification can be changed to map to external application data fields. Users can use Jera's import to bring objects into Supplyit from other systems.
Location Console > Exchange
Import Order Behavior:
- All orders in the import file are imported, users do not need to select a group of orders to import.
- Matching the OrderID to an existing Supplyit order allows changes to the order in Supplyit. Order's status can be changed, quantities can be modified and products can be added.
- When importing an order and your file does not contain the SupplierName column, you can change the specification to SupplierName="My Supplier Name". My Supplier Name must be a location in Supplyit.
- New orders are imported when the OrderID is blank or excluded from the import
- More than one special order can be imported on the same day and shift for a customer
- Required Fields:
- OrderDate (mm/dd/yyyy)
- OrderStatus (Open, Processed, Closed)
- OrderViewType (SalesOrder, PurchaseOrder, WorkOrder, RequisitionOrder)
- LocationCode and/or LocationName
- ContactCode and/or ContactName
- ProductCode and/or ProductName
- ShiftName (not required for vendor locations orders)
- StartingOrder (order quantities must be integers no fractions or decimals unless the product's discrete integer flag is not set in the catalog.
- UnitPrice (optional the system will use pricing in Supplyit if pricing is not included)
The export orders specification can be modified to align with an external program's import specification. Each field name in the specification can be changed by changing the name to the right of the equal sign.
- if you want the SupplierName column to be called Vendor Name change to SupplierName=Vendor Name.
- If you want to replace data in the export with different data, set the field as follows - SupplierCode="22222".
Tips & Tricks
- Exporting the object that you want to import can assist with understanding the import file format and field values. The exported file can be modified and used to import files for the same type.
- The order import may fail if data is missing in fields that require a value. For example the order adjustment fields in an order must contain a number and cannot be an empty string in the standard format. If these fields are null or blank the import will fail.
- Order Templates can be exported and changed in Excel then reimported. Excel allows users to quickly edit all items across many days and may save time.
- If you want to use Excel to take an inventory, first create an inventory in Supplyit with no values, export the inventory and open in Excel. Fill in your inventoried quantities. Remember to save in the CSV format and not Excel format. You can then import the inventory back into Supplyit. Make sure that you delete the inventory that you created as a template so that you can import the completed inventory.