Supplyit Site Administrator's use messages to relay information regarding the status of the site, upcoming Enterprise promotions and important release information. Accounts use messages to relay contact information and processes as well as product promotion details.
Accounts use messages to relay contact information and processes as well as product promotion details. Supplyit Site Administrator's use messages to relay information regarding the status of the site, upcoming Enterprise promotions and important release information.
|User Type||Location User||Location Administrator||Account User||Account Administrator|
|Compose||locations assigned to your profile or contacts of a location you have access to|
Account Console - Message with be sent to locations that you have access to.
Location Console - Able to select locations and/or contacts of a location.
Click login name at top right of page->Messages
Message Filters: Messages are divided by three tabs Received Items, Sent Items and Compose
Creating a Message
- Click the compose link under messages. If your user type does not have permission to create a message, you will not see the compose option.
- The compose message will appear.
- Select the criteria you want for the message. If you want a user to acknowledge the message select the request receipt.
- Create your message and add the recipients (locations or contacts) that the message should display in. Save your message.
Inactivating a Message
- Click the sent items link under messages. Edit the message that you want to inactive.
- Change active to no and save your changes. Your message will no longer appear in the recipient contacts or locations.
- You can also delete a message if you do not wish to keep a copy
Message Type: The default is Bulletin and is used by Account Administrators to post a message to a single location, a group of locations or the account. Account Users are able to post to locations associated to their login. News can only be posted by Jera Site Administrators.
Active: You have the ability to select if a message is active or inactive for a selected date.
Request Receipt: When checked recipients will be asked to confirm that they have received the message. The composer can view the responses below the message.
Date: Date of message posting. A composer is able to change the date for messages that are repeated in the calendar year.
Status: Messages with a status of 'high' will appear expanded on the home screen and be flagged with 'Attention.'
Messages with a status of 'medium' will be collapsed and be flagged with 'Important.'
Subject: Title for your communication that will be displayed on the home screen.
Message: Pasting a message will cause issues with formatting. Messages should be composed in the editor. There are a limited amount of formatting options available. Messages are limited to 4,000 characters.
Recipients: Select locations which will receive the message via their home screen.
Tips & Tricks
- Active messages can be viewed on your home screen and by clicking on your username at the top right.
- Messages can only be deleted or inactivated by the composer.
- The composer can be seen at the bottom left of the message.
- Archiving a message only hides it from the current logged in user.
- Review and inactivate messages that are no longer applicable often.