Groups and labels are used for organizing Locations, Contacts and/or Products.. An object can belong to multiple labels but only one group.
When would I use groups?
- A broad list of locations, contacts or products that have similar characteristics or attributes.e.g Vendors or Stores, Boxes or Paper.
When would I use labels?
- A indexing of locations, contacts or products used for filtering.
- e.g. Locations: Districts vs Regions
- e.g. Networks Harry's Stores are X, Y and Z vs Sally's stores are A, B and C
- e.g. Products: Pricing: Vendor Items vs Pricing Production Items
- The Contact, Products, Location "picker" is used throughout Supplyit where you have the option to Add Locations, Add Contacts or Add Products.
Where do I manage Groups and/or Labels?
- Account Console
- Location Console
- Administration > Network for contacts
- Administration > Catalog for products