Templates are used as the basis for order creation in Supplyit. Although orders can be created without a template, locations often use templates to automate order generation based on the values and preferences set in the template and the primary location's order generation preference. A location can create one template for each contact, shift and order type.
NavigationLocation Console > Orders > Templates
Working with Templates
To create a template specify the the type (purchase, work, sales), the shift and the contact (for sales and purchase orders templates only).
Edit or Add Template
- Add - additional products not on the template but available in the catalog.
- Remove products on the template by checking the product and then Remove and Save Changes.
- Quantities update product values by day of the week to be used in orders.
- Date Range displays start and ends date of products if applicable. Dates determine when a product will be included in orders.
- Forecasting allows management of product properties used when forecasting is enabled. When enabled the template values are no longer relevant.
- Clone allows you to choose fields from a source product and copy them to one or more selected products.
- Edit All opens all quantity fields on the template.
- Edit Day of Week opens all quantity fields for that day.
- More - Details will display Min/Max/Round by rules.
- Apply to Open Orders will allow you to Add, Update, Delete products in existing open orders after making changes to the template.
- Dates represent the order values for orders. The dates roll over from week to week.
Order Generation Lead Time = # of days orders will generate in advance of the current day. For purchase orders, your supplier is the primary location and determines the lead time.
Tips & Tricks
- Templates only display active products. To see inactive products, click more, filter and remove the active items only filter.
- Templates can not be deleted until all of the products on it have been removed. If there are inactive products on the template, they must also be removed.
- Template product values are meant to represent a desired order quantities for a product for each day of any week. Do not use the start and end dates on products to represent the current week. Dates should be used to restrict when a product will appear on orders. Supplier date rules override order template dates when related to product availability.