Placing a special order
This article will teach you how to add a special order. You should place a special order anytime a customer of yours is placing a large order for a future date that you want to keep track of. Examples include large orders for corporate parties, sporting events, graduations, birthdays, or other family occasions.
Note: A special order will be added in addition to your template, standing order, meaning you will have 2 open orders with your supplier or 2 open production plan work orders.
Adding a special order
- Click on the Add Special Order step in the left-hand workflow navigation
- Fill in the details for the special order:
- Order Type - choose purchase for an order you would place with your supplier; choose work for an order you would make in your store
- Contact - for orders you would place with your supplier (purchase), select the supplier you want to buy from; for orders you make in you store (work), contact will not show up because it automatically selects your store since you are making it
- Date - select the date the order is for
- Shift - select the shift you want the order delivered on for purchase orders; or select the shift you want the order produced on for work orders
- Notes - enter any relevant information you want to remember about the order (customer name, pick up date, occasion, items ordered, etc.)
- Click the Add Products button:
- Check the box next to the products you want on the order
- Click the Select Products button
- Click the Add Special Order button at the bottom of the page. This creates the order and brings you to the order details page.
- Enter the amount of each product you want to order or make in the starting order column
- Click the Save Changes button
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?