A waste record is used to record the quantities of items that are thrown away or wasted for a particular day and/or shift. Waste records are necessary for accurate forecasting. Without consistently recording waste records, forecasting should never be used. The easiest way to create a waste record is from an existing order.
Creating a Waste Record
- Browse to the order you wish to create a waste record from.
- Click More
- Select Waste from the drop-down menu
- Enter the number of items that were wasted in the Units (pieces) column. (You can use the tab key to move down the screen to each item.)
- Check the box that says "Close this record after saving changes." and then click the Save Changes
- A warning message that states "Units consumable is less than units wasted." will display in a saved waste record that has waste quantities greater than the quantities in the consumable column. In this case, either the waste quantity is incorrect and should be changed or the order quantity needs to be corrected.
- Waste records must be closed to be considered in forecasted orders.
- If you need to stop in the middle of entering a waste record, you can save changes without closing the record. You can later return to the existing waste record by repeating the above steps and complete the process.
- You can reopen a closed waste record to make changes by selecting Waste from the main menu, clicking the appropriate waste record, and toggling the status from Closed to Open.
- Select Waste from the main menu to easily view which dates and shifts have waste recorded.